On Saturday 23 January 2021, we headed down to Coburg Veledrome in Melbourne's northern suburbs to test the KWR Engineering X-Ray RX8E.3 equipped with all the KWR hop ups including base plate and receiver box.
After a little bit of getting used to the 45 degree banked corners (which have a tendency to pull the car either up or down) and navigating the traffic, it was a lot of fun.
Running gear was as follows:
- X-Ray RX8E.3 chassis 2020
- Hobbywing Max8 Plus ESC - no boost
- Hobbywing 2600kV motor - timing 30 degrees
- Stock gearing
- MKS servo
- 2 x Sunpadow Gold 6000 mAh shorty packs - 4S in total
- Matrix foams all around
- Extreme Diablo EP ultra-lightweight body with stiffeners
The car topped out at 94km/h. Hoping to smash that next time and be well over the 100km/h mark by increasing the stock motor timing and potentially adding another couple of cells.
Stay tuned for more updates....